It is important to make sure information is properly managed at all stages of its lifecycle based on Information Management principles. Information is extremely important to a company and to employees to do their job.
In order to guide employees I would recommend to the following Information Management principles for information within a company:
- Information has an owner – to ensure accountability
- Information has one version of the truth – to ensure information is reliable and current
- Information has one location – to provide easy access to information
- Information is accessible unless – reduces barriers
- Information has a status – so people can determine the value of the information
- Information has a lifecycle – to prevent clutter and ensure records are retained
- Information can be transferred – to prevent information hoarding
What Information Management principles do you use within your organisation?